Thursday, March 03, 2005

Frats of Stupidness

The trend I've noticed most recently is the joining of fraternities. They've been around forever, but I don't see the appeal of them. Keith recently joined a frat, and I was surprised, because he doesn't drink. Frats have always been around for three reasons: to meet people/friends, to socialize, and to drink. Maybe somewhere in there goes "fit in," and "not be bored." I would have a hard time getting in a frat, mostly because of the hazing. If anybody tried to haze me, I would haze them right back. I would take the brothers, stick 'em in my van, and drive them off a cliff. This would earn me respect, because they would find out I don't take shit from them. Then, since a brother or two would be dead, I would replace them. The idea of tradition to back up hazing is wrong, and the idea of superiority, rankings and servitude in a frat is dumb. That's why I would never join one. My mind was completely blown when keith said it was a non-drinking frat that focused on community service. In my opinion, what he joined should not be called a fraternity, because all frats involve drinking (especially the binge variety, because puking is cool).
I played some raquetball today w/ keith, and consequently hit myself in the knee twice with my racquet, which really hurt. I now have large red mark, a swelled up bruise, and some pain. Then I also got nailed in the ear with the ball, and then again in the back, which resulted in some racquet destruction of my own accord. Now it's all lopsided, but it looks far cooler. I ended up draining myself of anything resembling energy, and I suck without it. I hope I don't do that for soccer. I turned in our team roster today, since I didn't want to walk down to McLane tomorrow, but I didn't have confirmation for some of the girls. I put them down anyway, just in case, and then made up an alias of Jacky Brown, in case we get a miscellaneous girl who wants to play on our team. I'm thirsty. I'm going to get a drink. Ok they refilled the vending machines, so I'm happy. Now I'm bored again. I'm going to bed early. Peace out, bitchesss.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you check out the hazing episode on Court TV Thursday night? It featured Alfred University and the death of a frat brother in 2002 (contributing to why AU has no Greek life - besides the service ppl-APO)

March 4, 2005 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home