Thursday, February 03, 2005

Apple Sauce?

In response to the copious amounts of angry hate IMs I've received over my minimal amount of blogging in the past week, here I am. Also, it's Thursday, my day off, so I don't have anything better to do. Ben suggested I blog about apple sauce; I don't even know how many words that is, but I hope it's two. But, true to my word, I must now blog about apple sauce, regardless of how stupid it is a subject, and how little I have studied it.
So there it is: this sauce made of apples. Truthfully, I don't think it should be titled as a sauce. I can't name one food I'll top off with apple sauce. Ketchup, for example, is a great sauce, because it tops off lots of foods. But apples don't fare well in the sauce industry. That is why apple sauce is a failure. I mean, it's called a sauce, but you eat it by itself. I can actually say I've eaten apple sauce within the last two weeks because I forgot what it tasted like and I needed a reminder. Yes, it wasn't delicious, but neither are apples. The fact that these fruit companies think they're being clever, by mushing a fruit up and selling it as a separate product, vexes me. You don't see banana sauce or orange paste out there do you? That's because those fruits taste good by themselves, and don't need multiple forms of it to make it sell. It's more of a soup actually, and I don't want to eat a fruit that reminds me of a soup: an apply-colored soup with chunks in it.
Today, I woke up at 330pm because I was up until 4am playing Halo2. I'm still at level 14, which is good, because I wasn't playing like a level 14 yesterday and I didn't lose my rank. Today I declared to be Homework-Accomplishing Day, so I'm not doing anything besides work today (oops, I'm blogging). I read most of the book Eve, which is a collection of poems, because I have to write an essay comparing and contrasting two poems in that book due tomorrow. Besides that, I did my Anthro homework and set up my printer, and complained because our Alfred network connection kept going down and kicking me off the internet. Oh yeah-I just remembered why I haven't been blogging; it's because while I'm writing I'll get antsy that I'm not doing work or playing halo. But I have to choose my poems now and write this 4 page paper, which will actually be a challenge because it'll be the first paper I've written in about a year. Bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home